Makes 8 | Prep: 10 minutes + resting | Cook: 30 minutes
4 PersonalPoints per focaccia
DF, NF, V, VEG
- 1⅔ cup (250g) plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2g dry yeast
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Lightly spray the WW Mini Bread Mould tray with oil and set aside. Combine flour, yeast, ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ cup (60ml) lukewarm water in a medium glass or stainless steel bowl. Gradually pour in a further 150ml lukewarm water. Mix dough with a wooden spoon until it forms a sticky dough.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface. Use wet hands to shape into a log about 32cm in length. Divide into 8 x 4cm-long pieces and place into prepared bread moulds. Cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rest at room temperature for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until doubled in volume.
- Mix oil and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl or glass. Brush over dough pieces. Lightly press your fingers into each dough to create hollows. Cover and rest for a further 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush remaining oil mixture over the top of focaccias. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden. Stand for 5 minutes before gently turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serve as is or slice in half and place in toaster before eating.