Makes 8 | Prep: 10 minutes + resting | Cook: 30 minutes
5 PersonalPoints per roll
- 1½ cups (225g) plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 5g dry yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- ⅓ cup (80ml) skim milk, plus 1 tbs extra for brushing
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 10g butter, softened
- 10g sesame seeds
- Lightly dust the WW Mini Bread Mould tray with flour and set aside.
- Combine flour, yeast, sugar and ¾ teaspoon salt in a large glass or stainless steel bowl. Mix ⅓ cup (80ml) milk and ⅓ cup (80ml) lukewarm water in a small bowl or glass. Gradually stir into flour mixture using a wooden spoon until combined. Add egg and stir until dough comes together. Add butter and mix until dough is sticky.
- Use wet hands to knead dough on a lightly floured surface for 10-12 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Shape into a log about 32cm in length. Divide into 8 x 4cm-long pieces and place into prepared bread moulds. Cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rest at room temperature for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until doubled in volume.
- Brush each roll with extra milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cover and leave to rest for a further 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and place a shallow-sided baking tray filled with water on bottom shelf of oven. Bake rolls for 25-30 minutes, until golden. Stand for 5 minutes before gently turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice in half to serve.