Makes 2 | Prep: 10 minutes + Freezing | Cook: 2 minutes
3-4 PersonalPoints range per poptail
GF, DF, NF, VEG, V
Traditional mojitos often contain a lot of added sugars and can reach up to 11 PersonalPoints per serve! This poptail recipe will save you a third of those Points, even with a bonus popsicle to enjoy alongside. Allow the pop to slowly melt as you drink, or bite into it as you go for the perfect mango-flavoured pairing - you decide!
- 120g fresh mango, chopped (see tip)
- ½ lime, juiced
- 2 tsp monk fruit sweetener
- 2 nips (60ml) vodka
- 2 tbs fresh mint leaves, torn
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 cup (250ml) soda water
- 2 slices dried lime or fresh lime slices (optional)
- To make popsicles, process mango and lime juice in a food processor until pureed. Divide puree between 2 x ¼ cup (60ml) capacity WW popsicle moulds. Place lid on top and freeze for 6 hours, or overnight, until frozen solid.
- Heat sweetener and 2 teaspoons water in a small saucepan over medium heat until it comes to the boil. Turn off heat and stir through 1 cup of ice to chill syrup, then strain into a small bowl.
- Divide vodka, mint leaves, lime juice and syrup between 2 x 300ml capacity glasses. Using a muddler, mix firmly to bruise mint. Top evenly with soda water and stir to combine. Carefully release popsicles from moulds and place into glasses. Top with dried lime (if using) and serve.
TIPS: You will need about ½ a large mango to get 120g mango flesh. If making the monk fruit syrup ahead, there’s no need to chill with ice. Simply place in a container in the fridge to cool, until you’re ready to assemble your poptails.