Makes 8 | Prep: 10 minutes + resting | Cook: 25 minutes
3 PersonalPoints per bread
- 5g fresh yeast
- 125g plain flour
- 100g cornflour
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 20g chorizo, finely chopped
- 2 tbs finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Lightly dust the WW Mini Bread Mould tray with flour and set aside.
- Dissolve yeast in a large glass or stainless steel bowl with 150ml lukewarm water. Stand for 5-10 minutes, until mixture begins to foam on top. Stir in flours, paprika and ¾ teaspoon salt and mix with a wooden spoon until dough comes together to form a sticky ball.
- Use wet hands to knead dough on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes, or until smooth. Add chorizo and parsley to dough and knead for a further 2 minutes, or until chorizo and parsley are evenly distributed throughout dough. Shape into a log about 32cm in length. Divide into 8 x 4cm-long pieces and place into prepared bread moulds. Gently press any exposed chorizo into dough. Cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rest at room temperature for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until doubled in volume.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Fill a shallow-sided baking tray with water and place on bottom shelf of oven. Lightly score each dough with a knife, then bake for 25 minutes, or until golden. Stand for 5 minutes before gently turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serve.
Cook’s tip: Fresh yeast is available at delicatessens or greengrocers. Alternatively you can replace it with 5g dry yeast. Refer to the Mini Baguettes recipe for guidance on how to incorporate dry yeast.