Makes 2 | Prep: 5 minutes | Cook: 10 minutes
4 PersonalPoints per waffle
Using mini tortillas to create these waffle-like sandwiches is a genius hack, especially if you don’t own a sandwich maker. The filling options are endless, so use our recipe as inspiration to create the perfect quesadillas to suit your own taste buds. You’ll want to make sure you’re buying the right size tortillas for this recipe to ensure they fit perfectly into the waffle maker.
- 50g shredded cooked skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbs grated Mexican blend cheese
- 1 tbs finely chopped red onion
- ¼ red capsicum, finely chopped
- 15g pickled jalapenos, finely chopped (optional)
- 4 x 10g tortillas (see tip)
- Preheat the WW Mini Waffle Maker. Lightly spray both cooking surfaces with oil.
- Mix chicken, cheese, onion, capsicum and jalapenos (if using) in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 tortilla onto the bottom cooking surface of waffle maker. Spoon half the chicken mixture over the top and spread evenly, leaving a ½-cm border. Top with another tortilla. Carefully pull cover down to enclose quesadilla. Press down gently and hold for about 30 seconds, or until the tortillas create a seal. Cook for a further, 3-4 minutes, until lightly golden. Carefully transfer quesadilla to a serving plate using a spatula. Repeat process with remaining tortillas to make 2 quesadillas in total, lightly spraying cooking surfaces with oil in between. Serve whole or cut in half.
- 10g tortillas are usually labelled as street tacos. They are 10cm in diameter making them perfect for use with the WW Mini Waffle Maker, however sometimes you might find slightly smaller ones within the packet. Try to avoid these ones and use the larger ones.
- When holding the waffle maker down to seal tortillas, it will be hot so make sure you wear an oven mitt or hold a tea towel to protect your hand.