Home Your chance to win A$50,000
Your chance to win A$50,000
Your chance to win A$50,000
OR a Weight Watchers 12 month membership + a years’ supply of Weight Watchers products*
Competition ends 2 June 2018. You can enter as many times as you like.
Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms & conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry is open to residents of Australia and New Zealand, aged 18 years and over (Eligible Entrants).
Eligible entrants who are under 18 years of age must obtain their parent’s or guardian’s approval prior to entering the promotion. If an under 16 entrant is drawn as the winner the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or guardian on their behalf.
All prize values included in these Terms & Conditions are in Australian dollars or New Zealand equivalent.
- Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter Fortuity Pty Ltd, Partners, Agencies and their related corporate bodies, are not eligible to enter this promotion.
- The Promotion commences at 12:01am (AEST) on Sunday 15 April 2018 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on Saturday 2 June 2018 (‘promotion period’). The Promoter is not responsible for any late, misdirected or lost entries and takes no responsibility for any entries which are lodged incorrectly.
- To be eligible to enter and receive one entry in the Promotion, participants must spend a minimum of $30 in one transaction, either during an official Weight Watchers Meeting, or online at shop.weightwatchers.com.au, during the Promotion Period.. All product barcodes from the items purchased must be retained as proof of purchase, to be presented at the time of claiming a prize at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Entrants will receive one entry in the draw for each single and eligible transaction of $30 or more during the Promotion Period. All eligible entries will be entered in the draw. There is no limit to the number of times an entrant may enter this Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
The Prize draw, using a random electronic selection process will take place at 2.00pm (AEST) on Wednesday 13 June 2018 at MDSA, 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089 Australia. All eligible entries received during the promotion period will be entered into the draw. The first valid and eligible entry drawn will be the Grand Prize Winner of this Promotion. The winner will be notified by phone and in writing within 2 business days after the draw. The Winner’s name will be published on shop.weightwatchers.com.au/wincashfrom Monday 18 June 2018 for a minimum of 28 days, and the Grand Prize Winner will also be published in The Australian & New Zealand Herald newspapers on Wednesday 20 June 2018.
The Grand Prize Winner will have the opportunity to select one sealed envelope from 100 sealed envelopes to reveal either the Grand Prize of A$50,000 Cash (or NZ$ equivalent); or the Consolation Prize of a Weight Watchers 12 month membership + one year’s supply of in meeting products, valued at $3,258 (or NZ$ equivalent).
The maximum retail value of the Grand Prize is A$50,000 (or NZ$ equivalent). The Consolation Prize of 12 months supply of in meeting products, will be presented as a monthly $200 voucher for the Winner to purchase in meeting products online at shop.weightwatchers.com.au. The value of the 12 month Membership is $858. Total value of the Consolation Prize is A$3,258 (or NZ$ equivalent).
Total maximum value of the prizepool is A$50,000 (or NZ$ equivalent), which is correct at the time of publication. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in any element of this Prize.
- As a condition of accepting the Grand Prize, the winner must sign a Statutory Declaration evidencing their identity legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The Grand Prize will be determined at the Envelope Selection. The Winner will select one sealed envelope from 100 sealed envelopes to reveal their prize (Envelope Selection). One (1) sealed envelope will contain the Grand Prize message “You’ve won A$50,000 Cash (or NZ$ equivalent)”. The remaining ninety-nine (99) sealed envelopes will each contain the Consolation Prize message “You’ve won a Weight Watchers 12 month membership + one year’s supply of in meeting products”.
The chance of the Winner selecting the A$50,000 Cash (or NZ$ equivalent), is one in one hundred.
- The Envelope Selection will take place at 12.00pm on Wednesday 11 July 2018 at Weight Watchers International, I Smail Street Ultimo, Sydney, NSW 2007, Australia.
The Winner will receive the prize contained in the envelope they select. If the Winner is unable to attend the Envelope Selection, they may appoint a proxy to attend and choose an envelope in their absence, or may request that a representative of the Promoter select the envelope on their behalf.
- If the Grand Prize Winner selects the envelope containing the message You’ve won A$50,000 Cash (or NZ$ equivalent)” the amount will be transferred to the Winner’s Bank Account, after verification by the Insurer, within 28 Days.
- All components of the Prize must be taken together. All elements of the prize are subject to individual supplier conditions. If for any reason, the winner is unable to accept their Prize as stated, and within the validity date, the winner will forfeit the Prize and no compensation will be given in lieu.
- If any portion of the Consolation Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize, or any element of the Prize, for an element of similar theme and of equal value, subject to any Government regulation and subsequent approval. The Promoter is not responsible for any cancellation, postponement, delay or rescheduling of any element of the Prize. Any costs, without limitation, incurred, will be the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner.
- If the Prize remains unclaimed or forfeited through ineligibility or otherwise, the Promoter will conduct a further draw, as required, at the same time and place as the original draw, on Thursday 27 September 2018. The winner, if any, will be notified in writing and by phone within 2 business days of the redraw. Any second chance draw winner will be published on shop.weightwatchers.com.au/wincash for a minimum of 28 days, and the Grand Prize Winner will also be published in The Australian and New Zealand Herald newspapers on Thursday, 4 October 2018.
- If a redraw envelope selection is required, it will take place on Thursday, 1 November 2018 at the location included in Clause 10.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. The Promoter and any associated companies involved in the Promotion, make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist regarding the Grand Prize or Consolation Prize.
- The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under New Zealand Consumer Law which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions, at any time, subject to approve by the relevant state authorities.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned (whether caused by infection by computer virus, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the promotion), the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter may in its sole discretion disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
- The Promoter will collect information about entrants to include them in this Promotion and to award the Prizes. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database. The Promoter is not responsible for receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information either caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated or utilised in this competition, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of administration of this competition.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
- At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php, and other related policies.
- By participating in this Promotion, entrants consent to the storage of their entry information on the databases of the Promoter, its related bodies and all Partners involved in this Promotion.
- The Promoter and its related bodies and/or Partners may use this information for future promotional and marketing purposes regarding their products and services, including contacting entrants via by email, mail, phone and/or SMS without further reference or compensation to the entrant, for an indefinite period or until the entrant opts out from receiving offers or deals from any Partner involved with this Promotion.
- By entering the promotion, entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including a photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter, without compensation.
The Promoter is Fortuity Pty Ltd (ABN 55 007 148 683), trading as Weight Watchers International Pty Ltd, 1 Smail Street, Ultimo NSW 2007
- Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/22475, ACT Permit No. TP18/00386 & SA Licence No. T18/330.