Weight Watchers Refund & Replacement Policy
Subject to this policy and to any rights you may have under the Australian Consumer Law (as enshrined within Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) and/or the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, if any), products purchased through the below means are non-refundable.
This policy does not apply to Weight Watchers subscriptions like Weight Watchers Group Coaching – for our detailed Cancellation and Refunds Policy applicable to subscriptions please visit Weight Watchers Subscription Cancellation and Refunds Policy.
1. What do we guarantee?
Goods purchased through:
- Weight Watchers Customer Service Centre
- Weight Watchers Online Shop
- Weight Watchers meeting location/s
- Myer and Weight Watchers Lifestyle Centres
- Weight Watchers At Work Meetings
and which are:
- Not fit for the particular purpose stated;
- Do not match the description provided; or
- Are not of acceptable quality; or
- Otherwise in breach of your statutory rights,
are subject to this policy (the “Policy”).
Where there is a failure to comply (as listed above) with goods purchased as per the above, and the failure is minor, Weight Watchers will provide you with a refund or repair or replace (at our option) the goods as per the details of this Policy outlined below.
Where there is a failure to comply (as listed above) with goods purchased as per the above, and the fault is “major” (Australian law) or “substantial” (NZ law), you can reject the goods and get a refund or a replacement (or one of similar value if available), or keep the goods and be compensated for the drop in value. This is your choice pursuant to Australian and NZ law. In NZ you can also choose to have it repaired elsewhere and recover the costs from us if we refuse to fix a faulty product, or fail to do so in a reasonable time.
2. Weight Watchers will not accept or authorize a return for a refund or a replacement for a customer who has simply had a change of mind. There is no exception to this statement. Further, returns will not be accepted by Weight Watchers if the fault or damage to the product which has made it of unacceptable quality has been caused by an accident, or by neglect or by abnormal use, by either you or a third party or if you fail to take reasonable steps to prevent the product from becoming of unacceptable quality.
3. All refund and replacement requests must be directed to the Weight Watchers Customer Service Centre for processing. Refunds and replacements cannot be accepted elsewhere. The Weight Watchers Customer Service Centre will then assess the returned product before a return will be accepted, authorized and a refund or replacement issued.
4. If your product return is accepted and authorized by the Weight Watchers Customer Service Centre, any refund or replacement will generally be issued within 21 working days from receipt of the returned product.
5. If a refund is authorized, the refund will be rendered using either a direct credit to a credit card, or via an EFT payment into a nominated bank account of your choice. Weight Watchers does not issue cheque refunds under any circumstances.
6. Weight Watchers Electronics (including but not limited to Kitchen Scales, Calculators, and Pedometers) that are subject to point 1 of this Policy should be returned to the Weight Watchers Customer Service Centre and must include proof of payment. For details of how to send the materials, please contact the Customer Service Centre at your convenience.
7. For the sake of clarity, subject to the rights you may have under the Australian Consumer Law (as enshrined within Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) and/or the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, if any), Weight Watchers Pay As You Go (PAYG) meeting Fee/s or Registration fee/s are non refundable. This includes Weight Watchers program material provided at a Weight Watchers meeting unless it is subject to point 1 of this Policy.
8. This Policy does not apply to Weight Watchers Subscriptions. A separate cancellation and refund policy applies as part of the subscription agreement which is accessible on the Weight Watchers website.
9. This Policy applies to Weight Watchers transactions as listed above, made in Australia and New Zealand.
10. To request a refund or replacement subject to this Policy please call the Weight Watchers Customer Service Team on 13 19 97 for Australian customers or 0800 00 9 009 for New Zealand customers.
11. Nothing in this Policy is intended to exclude, alter, limit or modify any rights you may have under the Australian Consumer Law (as enshrined within Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) and/or the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, if any), or any other statutory condition or statutory warranty that may apply to you in Australia or New Zealand.
12. We reserve the right to update and amend this policy at any time with specifically notifying you, and any revised version will apply from the time it is published. You should check back from time to time to ensure you are up to date with the current policy.
[Updated 22 December, 2014]